07 4 / 2013
- women don’t exist for the sole purpose of being beautiful for men
- women don’t exist for the consumption by men
- women don’t exist to fuckin please you
- women are not meat
- women are not items
- women are not a commodity
- thanks bye
03 4 / 2013
If you feel like you need permission to indulge in vanity, this is it.
You are allowed to think you look beautiful, pretty, handsome, dashing, lovely, what have you.
You are allowed to take tons of selfies.
You are allowed to get lost in your own eyes in the mirror.
You are allowed to strut your stuff.
You are allowed to think you’re a pretty rad person.
You are allowed to love the fuck out of yourself.
01 4 / 2013
Let’s Pretend This Never Happened - Jenny Lawson‘You should just accept who you are, flaws and all, because if you try to be someone you aren’t, then eventually some turkey is going to shit all over your well-crafted facade, so you might as well save yourself the effort and enjoy your zombie books.’
01 4 / 2013
The Bloggess: John Green is a real bastard and I wish I could be more like him.
- (Jenny aka The Bloggess is AWESOME. Now that you know, you should go read her blog. The link is in the source.)
- (This is not my life; it's Jenny's)
- Conversation with my husband
- 1: Oh my God, I could hear you sobbing all the way on the other side of the house. What’s wrong?
- 2: This book. It’s so.incredibly. sad.
- 1: Seriously? You’re crying over a book?
- 2: It’s terrible and beautiful and perfect and I’m pretty sure I’m never going to stop crying.
- 1: The Fault in Our Stars? What the shit, Jenny? It says it’s about terminal cancer patients in the very first sentence. Why would you even read that? You can’t watch Doctor Who without crying.
- 2: No one with a soul can watch Doctor Who without occasionally crying. And besides, it’s a teen book. I thought it would be like Twilight, but with slightly less vampires.
- 1: Seriously? It’s just a book. Calm down. These people are all imaginary.
- 2: AND THEY’RE MY FRIENDS. ALL OF MY IMAGINARY FRIENDS ARE VERY SICK, VICTOR, AND I’D APPRECIATE IT IF YOU’D RESPECT THE GRAVITY OF THE SITUATION.
- 1: You are so confusing.
- 3: Victor doesn’t understand how books work.